miércoles, 5 de enero de 2011

X-treme cross media



This somehow reminds me of last year's Jesse Schell's DICE conference. Video Games are everywhere. They're taking over. And we'll embrace our new digital overlords because we've been instructed to be oversized men-children by the corporations that educated us through TV. And thus, a new society of control is born.

Paranoia aside, even though I think the car is pretty cool, I wouldn't be caught dead driving that thing. Nothing personal, I just don't like driving. Or jelly fishes. Or snails. It's a good thing it's a convertible too, because the noises it makes when a door opens annoy the hell out of me. It's like those site that start playing music when you load them, or that diabolical Pac-Man banner that starts playing really loud whenever you accidentally stumble upon it.

But going back to my original comment, isn't it strange that everything now is subtly becoming a game? I mean, I feel really comfortable with it, but where does this obsession of ludosizing (that's the technical term for "making things more game-y", and I'm coining it) everything comes from? Where will it lead to? Will it be profitable in the long run? Will it become the norm?

I can speculate, but what do you think?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario