martes, 4 de enero de 2011

Quidditch



I hate sports. I actually don't mind playing most of them, even though it's been a while since the last time I did, but I hate the general cattle-mindset that seems to induce on people. Smart people. People that wouldn't flinch after Michael Bay savagely butchers a beloved franchise of their childhood or J. J. Abrams dumbs criminally down an otherwise smart product, suddenly find themselves torn apart when their favorite team loses a match. And they don't ever stop whining, arguing and being general asses about a topic that I couldn't care less about. Trying to drag me down, you half-chewed pricks.

And that's why I've got mixed feelings about this whole Quidditch-for-muggles thing. I know it is done in spirit of naive, clean and pure fun, but with a long, long rulebook and an international association pushing for an exhibition match on the Olympics 2012, I'm afraid thing's might get too serious. I love fan-made subculture as much as the next guy (actually, I know the next guy and I can say I love it more). It gives you that fresh sensation of unbound, raw creative energy. But within every manifestation of fan-culture there's a breaking point where it becomes too serious and stops being fun.

By the way, sorry about the video's language. There was an English version but I couldn't embed it.

1 comentario: