jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2010

Extra Credits - Facing Controversy




I was going to talk about last night’s South Park episode, about the reference to Miyazaki’s masterpiece My neighbor Totoro and last year’s reference to The killer joke (Thursdays are, after all, kinda my South Park days). But I’m not going to do that anymore.

In case you haven't heard of it yet, this is Daniel Floyd, James Portnow and Allison Theus’ show, Extra Credits, where they discuss different aspects of the video game industry. Daniel and James started making this kind of videos a couple of years ago under the name of “Talking about these”. The insight and the quality of their analysis set them apart from the rest of the video reviewers out there. They wrote some powerful stuff, but it took them ages to cook up new videos. Luckily, The Escapist cut some kind of deal and now we have them once a week.

The video I posted is a re-make version of last year’s show, and that’s why the references in it may not be that fresh. But I think it still is somewhat moving, and definitely worth a watch.

2 comentarios:

  1. I have to congratulate you guys for your last posts. Really relevant, interesting and most important, thoughtful material.

    Great Job!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This post has been inspiring for me...I´ll keep on trying to push the envelop! To all of you that are doing the same: I SALUTE YOU!!

    ResponderEliminar